Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Thank you all for your replies. It's nice to get messages since it's weird not to be receiving texting or calls. My first day on surgery was very interesting. We had clinic all day and saw huge hernias, obstructive jaundice, Klippell Trenaunay Syndrome (Which is apparently very common and I had never heard of it. Due to my lack of knowledge I am assigned a discussion on it for tomorrow!), breast cancer, ulcer perforations, varicose veins, lots of anal fissures, TB abscesses and gut tubercles, foot ulcers,etc. The attending was very nice and in the afternoon we did minor procedures (I got to assist). I feel a bit like I'm at camp.
I don't have much time today but I've been reading through Matthew because I have felt distant from God and reading Jesus' life always draws me near. So my verses for you all to read if you want are Matt. 4:23-5:16 because I feel that I am experiencing this here . I will write more later. Love you all!

4 comments:

Mom ! said...

Hi Kristen- You are ever in my thoughts and prayers! I did finally get your email!
Wow- what you are seeing is is ????
I cant fully comprehend but I went to see a patient today in a Houston apt. project and could NOT believe her living conditions- cause she has no money and she is younger than me! I took her food!
So its worldwide-and we all need to help.
Thanks for being there and learning for us!
Love Mom xoxox

Kristen said...

Hey Momma!
I miss you and love you lots!
xoxo

Grandma said...

Hi Kristen,

Nan is helping me get on your blog. We will love hearing all about your experience there. We hope all is well and you're loving it.
Love, Grandma

Kristen said...

Hey Grandma!
I'm so glad you can read this! I love you all!